Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Good things come in 2s

Pursuit and seduction are the essence of sexuality. It's part of the sizzle.
Camille Paglia

My time Alicante was coming to an end so it was time to fully take in the beauty of Spain. By day, we roamed the streets and enjoyed the sun by the sea. By night, we danced to the rhythms of the night and drank everything from Don Simone wine to absinthe (although we didn't need to see the little green fairy to know the evenings were magical). Out on the night before last, I was just enjoying the good company of friends. We danced on the small platform and sang the summer anthems. Later on, I noticed a particularly goodlooking spaniard. Every now and them I'd glance at him and when he caught my eye he couldn't look away. He moved towards me, took my hand and pulled me in. I spoke in broken spanish to him and we made small talk over the music. We were absorbed by the beat. Each touch and movement being guided by the changing rhythms. He paused and held me tight against him before tenderly kissing me. We continued dancing a bit but moved things into the lounge area shortly after. Time passed as we thoroughly enjoyed one another. When I noticed how late it was I got a little distracted trying to locate my roomy. He got up and said he would rejoin his friends while I looked for her. It didn't take long before I found her snogging this guy she had been eyeing for some time. Everyone else had left, which put me in a bit of an awkward position. I decided to go back to the guy on the dance floor. I went up to him and one of his friends and asked if I could join them. His friend smiled and started dancing with me at which point I was like oh okay. This guy was real cute but had that rocker spark that intrigues you. He had a lip piercing and I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like kissing him. Immediately, my conscience reminded me how much of a b*tch I would come off as if I went through with this sudden desire to find out. Lucky for me, I didn't even have to think twice before he kissed me. I thought to myself "Oh my word, you have just won the you are now sloppy seconds award (gold star)". I muffled to him my concern and he smiled and softly pushed aside a strand of hair from my face before kissing me again. Well after that, all prior thoughts flew out the window. His kisses left me asking for more. Who knew kissing a guy with a pierced lip would be that enjoyable? It wasn't until closing time that we left each other. I rejoined my friend and he rejoined his. When we got out the sun was shining brightly. It was the most awks slash guilty slash funny moment of my life when I came through the doors and saw the group of guys from that night lined up against the wall with smirks on their faces and the two guys I had been with standing next to one another giving me complicit looks. On our way home my friend and I were offered breakfast and coffee by some doctor fellows and realizing we had to be somewhere in roughly two hours we figured we could use the coffee. It was like Greys Anatomy except we were too young for them.
The last night, the second guy returned. I was happy to spend it with him. It was the real spanish experience I had hoped for.

No comments:

Post a Comment