Sunday, January 10, 2010

Kiss and Run

After the worst kiss of my life there were other kisses and then there were none. I had literally gone 3 years without any action. This definitely got the estrogen pumping. Prom was coming up; I had never had a boyfriend and the odds were against me whenever there was a spark of hope someone would ask me to go with them to prom. I wasn't feeling too terrible about this because most of my friends were in the same position (except a majority of them hadn't gone as long as me without a kiss). One of my best guy friends who I've had a bit of a love hate relationship with was my best shot at not having to have to tell my future children I went to prom unaccompanied which would definitely portray a great image of my youth to them. At a friend's party, we hooked up. We were drunk but you know what they say "drunk love is the best love" (and the only love I had gotten in a heck of a long time). All I can say is he knew what he was doing! We kept at it for quite some time until he had to go. It was so nice to be held, touched and kissed in all the right places. Later, I heard floating around that he had a girlfriend somewhere across the country. Although I knew this was probably the case, I figured he probably came to the conclusion that a long-distance relationship was not something that functioned in his favor and that he'd surely left her. I was particularly convinced of this when he asked me to prom. Prom night wasn't exactly as I had hoped. I mean Micheal Jackson passed away that same day. That has to say something about what was to come. The evening started out wonderfully at a full high but one must keep in mind the following for the rest of the evening: "What goes up must come down". I was double ditched by some friends and my date and the evening ended without there being anything clear between me and this guy. I think you know the drill by now for what happened soon after: he ran far far away back into the arms of his girl friend. She left him shortly after he arrived and that's Karma for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment